Monday, December 8, 2008

Final Stretch


Starting today, Monday, through Wednesday is the last round of voting.
http://www.youtube.com/excedrinexpressgels

I was telling Angela, as corny as it sounds, even if I lose I feel like I've won because I have had great support from everyone I talk to. I am up against a guy who ties neckties kind of fast, I think a lot of people could do what he does, but I am not getting my hopes up and trying to stay realistic about my chances. I'm obviously biased, but neck ties or hang gliding kind of seems like a no brainer, but you never know.

My brother also brought me back to reality by saying that it's really a contest for $10,000 with taxes, especially with the Lipton contest $5,000, I should be saving a third of the money to pay taxes - ouch! It's still a lot of money though! And with the wedding and honeymoon coming up it would definitely help there.

Edit - Forgot to mention that this weekend was the treetopper christmas party - good time had by everyone with excellent turkeys from Ricker and many side dishes from Jeff Nibler, there was a keg and a warm fire outside. Keith Atkins got the well deserved Treetopper of the Year award and I among a couple other new guys were voted in on the Treetopper Board of Directors - www.treetoppers.org

0 comments: