Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Day 2 - No one makes goal

Tom Lanning and Eric Donaldson - we all three landed in the same field at almost the same exact time.


Quest


Yesterday was a tough day, with the last 20 miles into a headwind from the seabreeze and high clouds shutting a lot of the lift down.

No one made goal, see results here. I came in 8th yesterday! The highest I've ever placed for a day. I also got some good footage of thermaling with some guys. That's why I don't have any great pics for this post - and I don't have time to upload the video, but will use it in the next video I make.

Today is supposed to be 140 mile task, the longest of the meet, but the goal has 60% thunderstorms for today and the task would be in a crosswind. It will be interesting to see what the task committee decides, because it also doesn't look like it will get better any time soon.

0 comments: