Monday, May 4, 2009

Day 1 - Flytec Race and Rally

There are gliders in this picture, click on it for a bigger version


Sunrise this morning - wish I didn't have to setup my glider again!

Day one results here.

I had a fun, but ultimately disappointing day yesterday.

It started out great, I was even in front of the rigids by a couple miles, and we had all taken the same start time. I managed my lead for maybe 50 miles or so and they caught up to me, which I knew they would, but I was still going pretty fast (for me at least).

I ended up landing 11 miles short of the 128 mile task. Just one more thermal short, pretty frustrating, but I can't really complain since I went 117 miles, and beat my longest distance by one mile, and I was going faster than I have before.

Looking forward to today for another chance to make goal.

Documentary update: I'm getting a bunch of footage and have done interviews with Dustin Martin, Andre Wolf, and Jonny Durand. I think it will come together well. Once I get home I'll have time to work on all that so stay tuned for some videos here in a couple weeks.

Something funny here.

0 comments: